Schottky and tunneling behavior of Fe/MgO/Ge(100) structures
- Schottky and tunneling behavior of Fe/MgO/Ge(100) structures
- J.B.Laloe; M.C.Hickey; 장준연; J.S.Moodera
- Schottky barrier; Tunneling transport; spin injection; Ge
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 97, NO 22, 222105-1-222105-3
- We investigated interface and electrical properties of Ge-based Schottky and tunnel diodes with
crystalline MgO barriers. Following a simple cleaning procedure not requiring a high-temperature
anneal, x-ray data indicated smooth interfaces and that the MgO tunnel barrier was highly textured.
Transport characteristics were fitted using a self-consistent field Simmons–Schottky current-voltage
model, yielding the Schottky and tunnel barrier heights for the devices and the distribution of
tunneling currents. Considering the Fermi-level depinning and the ratio of Schottky to tunneling
currents for each barrier thickness, we find that a MgO thickness of 15 Å yields the best transport
properties in this system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.