Plasticity of Amorphous Alloys: 2. Inhomogeneous Deformation
- Plasticity of Amorphous Alloys: 2. Inhomogeneous Deformation
- 박경원; 이창면; 이재철
- amorphous alloy; free volume; inhomogeneous deformation; shear localization; plasticity
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- VOL 47, NO 11, 773-785
- Studies of a number of Cu-Zr amorphous alloys have demonstrated that those exhibiting greater
plastic strain during homogeneous deformation at room temperature show lower global plasticity associated
with inhomogeneous deformation in a typical compression test. Using a combination of experiments and
molecular dynamics simulations, we clarify this seeming paradox between the homogeneous and
inhomogeneous deformation by exploring the microstructural aspects in view of the structural disordering,
disorder-induced softening, and shear localization and relate these findings to the global plasticity of bulk
amorphous alloys. Additional analyses were conducted to derive a simple structural parameter that allows
the prediction of the global plasticity of bulk amorphous alloys.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.