High contrast ratio and fast switching polymeric electrochromic films based on water-dispersible polyaniline-poly(4-styrenesulfonate) nanoparticles
- High contrast ratio and fast switching polymeric electrochromic films based on water-dispersible polyaniline-poly(4-styrenesulfonate) nanoparticles
- 유성종; 조준혁; 임주완; 박선하; 장정식; 성영은
- Electrochromic; Polyaniline; Polymer nanoparticle; Conjugated polymer; Diffusion coefficient; Response time
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry communications
- VOL 12, 164-167
- We prepared polyaniline-poly(4-styrenesulfonate) nanoparticles (PANI/PSS-NPs) by chemical oxidation
polymerization in aqueous solution. We investigated the potential of the PANI/PSS-NPs to be used as
an anode electrode for electrochromic devices and the effect of Li+ insertion (or deinsertion) kinetics
and diffusion of Li+. A uniform electrochromic layer of PANI/PSS-NPs with a size of ca. 28 nm could be
obtained by a solution process, specifically spin coating. The PANI/PSS-NPs film has a high Li+ diffusion
coefficient (~7.7 x 10-9 ㎠ s-1) and low charge transfer resistance (~99 Ω), which result in its having
a fast electrochromic response time (coloring time <1.7 s, bleaching time <2.4 s), and high coloration efficiency
(>108 ㎠ C-1).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.