Indium as an efficient ohmic contact to N-face n-GaN of GaN-based vertical light-emitting diodes
- Indium as an efficient ohmic contact to N-face n-GaN of GaN-based vertical light-emitting diodes
- 문선영; 손준호; 최경진; 이종남; 장호원
- Indium; ohmic contact; GaN-based vertical light-emitting diodes; N-face n-GaN
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 99, NO 20, 202106-1-202106-3
- We propose indium (In), a low work function and nitride-forming element, as an efficient ohmic
contact layer to N-face n-GaN. While conventional Al-based ohmic contacts show severe
degradation after annealing at 300 ℃, In-based ohmic contacts display considerable improvement
in contact resistivity. The annealing-induced enhancement of ohmic behavior in In-based contacts
is attributed to the formation of an InN interfacial layer, which is supported by x-ray photoemission
spectroscopy measurements. These results suggest that In is of particular importance for application
as reliable ohmic contacts to n-GaN of GaN-based vertical light-emitting diodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.