Improving stereo matching with symmetric cost functions
- Improving stereo matching with symmetric cost functions
- 윤국진; 박성기
- stereo vision; disparity; matching; symmetric cost function; 20111111
- Issue Date
- IEICE Electronics Express
- VOL 8, NO 2, 57-63
- In this paper, we propose new symmetric cost functions for global stereo methods. We first present a symmetric data cost function for the likelihood and then propose a symmetric discontinuity cost function for the prior in the MRF model for stereo. In defining cost function, both the reference image and the target image are taken into account to improve performance without modeling half-occluded pixels explicitly. The performance improvement of stereo matching due to the proposed symmetric cost functions is verified by applying the proposed symmetric cost functions to the belief propagation (BP) based stereo method.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.