Determination of metabolites of prostanozol in human urine by LC/ESI/MS and GC/TOF-MS
- Determination of metabolites of prostanozol in human urine by LC/ESI/MS and GC/TOF-MS
- 염태우; 팽기정; 김연제
- LC/ESI/MS; GC/TOF-MS; Prostanozol; metabolites; liquid chromatography; gas chromatography; time-of-flight (TOF)
- Issue Date
- 분석과학; Analytical Science & Technology
- VOL 24, NO 3, 173-182
- This research examined prostanozol and its metabolites in urine of women who took the medicine (prostanozol). Prostanozol and its metabolites were successfully separated and detected by using LC/ESI/MS and GC/TOF-MS. Mass spectrum of LC/ESI/MS estimated molecular weight of Prostanozol and its metabolites and that of GC/TOF-MS verified them. For M1, carbon number 17 of Prostanozol substituted to a keto group and it is called 17-keto-Prostanozol. M2 turned out to be hydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. It came from substitution of one hydroxyl group of pyrazole nucleus and A-ring of M1. Substitution of one hydroxyl group of B-ring or C-ring became M3, hydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. M4 was found to be a hydroxy-17-keto-Prostsnozol transposed from one hydroxyl group to a D-ring. M5 has a hydroxyl group of carbon number 17. One hydroxyl group is substituted from B-ring or C-ring and it is assumed to be hydroxy-17-hydroxy-Prostanozol. M6 was turned out to be dihydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol transposed from one hydroxyl group to pyrazole nucleus or A-ring and to B-ring or C-ring. Like M6, M7 has a keto group at carbon number 17 and was identified as dihydroxy-17-keto-Prostanozol. M7 has one hydroxyl group at pyrazole nucleus or A-ring and also at D-ring. At last M8 was found to be dihydroxy-17-hydroxy-Prostanozol. Pyrazole nucleus or A-ring has got one hydroxyl group and other rings were substituted to another hydroxyl group. From above, M5, M7 and M8 were verified as new metabolites that were not discovered yet. Prostanozol and all of the 8 metabolites formed glucuronic conjugates as a result of conjugation reaction test in human body. Some of 8 metabolites were excreted without forming conjugates. Particularly M6 and M7 were excreted as sulfate conjugates.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.