An energy harvesting system using the wind-induced vibration of a stay cable for powering a wireless sensor node
- An energy harvesting system using the wind-induced vibration of a stay cable for powering a wireless sensor node
- 정형조; 김인호; 장선준
- Issue Date
- Smart materials & structures
- VOL 20, 075001-1-075001-9
- This paper proposes an electromagnetic energy harvesting system, which utilizes the
wind-induced vibration of a stay cable, and investigates its feasibility for powering a wireless
sensor node on the cable through numerical simulations as well as experimental tests. To this
end, the ambient acceleration responses of a stay cable installed in an in-service cable-stayed
bridge are measured, and then they are used as input excitations in cases of both numerical
simulations and experimental tests to evaluate the performance of the proposed energy
harvesting system. The results of the feasibility test demonstrate that the proposed system
generates sufficient electricity for operation of a wireless sensor node attached on the cable
under the moderate wind conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.