Arsenic Removal Behavior by Fe-Al Binary Oxide: Thermodynamic and Kinetic Study
- Arsenic Removal Behavior by Fe-Al Binary Oxide: Thermodynamic and Kinetic Study
- Hye-Jin Hong; 양중석; Bo-Kyong Kim; Ji-Won Yang
- activation energy; arsenic; Fe-Al binary oxide; kinetic; thermodynamic
- Issue Date
- Separation science and technology
- VOL 46, NO 16, 2531-2538
- In this study, thermodynamic and kinetic behaviors of As(V)
and As(III) adsorption on Fe-Al binary oxide were investigated.
Adsorptions of both As(V) and As(III) on Fe-Al binary oxide were
exothermic reactions (ΔH0<0) and occurred spontaneously
(ΔG0<0). Because of strong electrostatic interaction between the
As(V) anion and the positive Fe-Al binary oxide, As(V) was
adsorbed rapidly and the adsorption rate was controlled by chemical
adsorption. On the other hand, As(III) exists in a nonionic form,
because of which it was not adsorbed through strong attractive
forces. Therefore, the adsorption rate of As(III) was controlled by
a combination of diffusion processes and chemical sorption.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.