Traffic Sign Recognition Considering the Intensity of Illumination
- Traffic Sign Recognition Considering the Intensity of Illumination
- 차연화; 전창묵; 권태범; 강성철
- Traffic Sign Recognition; Intensity of Illumination; Unmanned Ground Vehicle; Navigation
- Issue Date
- 로봇공학회논문지= The Journal of Korea Robotics Society
- VOL 6, NO 2, 173-181
- Recognition of traffic signs helps an unmanned ground vehicle to decide its behavior correctly, and it can reduce traffic accidents. However, low cost traffic sign recognition using a vision sensor is very difficult because the signs are exposed to various illumination conditions. This paper proposes a new approach to solve this problem using an illuminometer which detects the intensity of illumination. Us¬ing the intensity of illumination, the recognizer adjusts the parameters for image processing. Therefore, we can reduce the loss of information such as the shape and color of traffic signs. Experimental results show that the proposed method is able to improve the performance of traffic sign recognition in vari¬ous weather and lighting conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.