Moire reduction by a diffuser in a multiview 3-D imaging system
- Moire reduction by a diffuser in a multiview 3-D imaging system
- 손정영; 이범렬; 박민철; 이형
- Moire; Reduction; Diffuser; Multiview; 3D; cross-talk; contact-type multiview 3-D imaging system; VZFO; viewing-zone
cross section; moire reduction
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION DISPLAY
- VOL 19, NO 12, 873-879
- Diffusers with different characteristics were inserted between the viewing-zone forming optics and the image display panel of a contact-type multiview 3-D imaging system to examine their effects on moiré and cross-talk in the system. The diffusers are effective in reducing the moiré but induce an increase in cross-talk in most cases. However, a diffuser with the characteristics of a 200-µm-pitch lenticular diffuser or a scatter plate used in mobile phones can be used to reduce moiré because it does not cause any noticeable increase in the cross-talk but still preserves the image properties without using a diffuser. This means that a diffuser can be used to reduce moiré in a contact-type multiview 3-D imaging system without significantly sacrificing image quality.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.