Enhancement of field-emission properties in ZnO nanowire array by post-annealing in H2 ambient
- Enhancement of field-emission properties in ZnO nanowire array by post-annealing in H2 ambient
- 박경수; 최영진; 안명원; 김동완; 성윤모; 박재관; 최경진
- nanowires; Post-annealing; Turn-on field; Field emission; Work function
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 9, NO 7, 4328-4332
- We studied the effects of post-annealing in H2 and O2 ambients on field-emission properties of
vertically-aligned ZnO nanowire arrays synthesized by carbothermal reduction process. The turn-on
electric field was dramatically decreased from 3.78 to 2.37 V/ m after post-annealing in H2 ambient,
which was explained by both hydrogen passivation effects of deep levels and surface modification.
In other words, we could observe significant decrease of deep level peak in photoluminescence
measurements on hydrogen post-annealed ZnO nanowire array. And also hydrogen-related bonds
are strongly increased from X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy measurements. These findings suggest
that the concentration of conduction electrons increased by hydrogen post-annealing, which
results in the enhanced tunneling probability of conduction electrons into the vacuum.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.