Depinning Field at Notches of Ferromagnetic Nanowires With Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- Depinning Field at Notches of Ferromagnetic Nanowires With Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- 김갑진; 김기홍; 이재철; 안성민; 이강수; 조영진; 이창원; 서선애; 신경호; 최석봉
- Activation volume; depinning field; gap distance; notch; perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 45, NO 10, 4056-4058
- In this paper, we experimentally characterize the domain-wall depinning mechanism at notches of ferromagnetic nanowires with perpendicular
magnetic anisotropy. A time-resolved magneto–optical Kerr effect detection reveals that the depinning time is exponentially
proportional to the strength of external magnetic field. From an analysis based on Néel–Brown theory, the depinning field and the activation
volume are quantitatively determined for several notches with different gap distances. Interestingly, both the depinning field and
the activation volume are proportional to the inverse of the gap distance. This is explained by the sizeable extrinsic effect from geometric
constrictions in contrast to the intrinsic properties of the films.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.