Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Twin-Roll Strip-Cast Al-5.5Mg-0.02Ti Alloy Sheet
- Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Twin-Roll Strip-Cast Al-5.5Mg-0.02Ti Alloy Sheet
- 천부현; 한준현; 김형욱; 이재철
- Al-Mg alloy; hot rolling; strength; optical microscopy; twin roll strip casting
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- VOL 48, NO 5, 387-393
- High-strength aluminum alloy sheets with high magnesium contents were fabricated by a strip
caster equipped with an asymmetric nozzle, which has been proven to be effective for reducing surface defects
and internal segregation. 4 mm thick as-cast sheets consisting of fine dendrites and minor Al8Mg5 segregation
were hot-rolled successfully to 1 mm sheets and subsequently annealed at various temperatures. The sheet
revealed the tensile strength and elongation of 306 MPa and 34%, respectively, when it was rolled at 250℃
and subsequently annealed at 475℃, which exhibits the feasibility of the practical application for autobodies.
The observed mechanical properties were explained on the basis of the microstructural characteristics of the
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.