Efficient and Reliable Monte Carlo Localization with Thinning Edges
- Efficient and Reliable Monte Carlo Localization with Thinning Edges
- 권태범; 양주호; 송재복
- Kidnapped robot problems; Monte Carlo localization; particle filters; thinning edges
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems
- VOL 8, NO 2, 328-338
- The global convergence of MCL is time-consuming because of a large number of random
samples. Moreover, its success is not guaranteed at all times. This paper presents a novel approach to
reduce the number of samples of MCL and one heuristic approach to detect localization failure using
thinning edges extracted in real time. Random samples are drawn only around the neighborhood of the
thinning edges rather than over the entire free space and localization quality is estimated through the
probabilistic analysis of samples added around the thinning edges. A series of experiments verified the
performance of the proposed scheme.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.