Electrically driven singularity and control of carrier spin of a hybrid quantum well
- Electrically driven singularity and control of carrier spin of a hybrid quantum well
- 문필경; 최원준; 이재동
- quantum well; carrier spin; band structure
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 83, NO 16, 165450-1-165450-4
- We propose a hybrid quantum well structure comprising a compressively strained layer and tensile-strained
layer and find that the major band character of the valence band maximum can be switched between the heavy
hole of the compressively strained layer and the light hole of the tensile-strained layer by application of an electric
field. Remarkably, in the switching resonant region, we find that the g factors of both heavy-hole and light-hole
states become singular (i.e., there is discontinuous change between positive and negative extrema), which enables
the extreme control of the hole spin of the hybrid quantum well by the electric field.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.