Growth Temperature Effects of In0.4Al0.6As Buffer Layer on the Luminescence Properties of InGaAs/InAlAs Quantum Well Structures
- Growth Temperature Effects of In0.4Al0.6As Buffer Layer on the Luminescence Properties of InGaAs/InAlAs Quantum Well Structures
- 김희연; 류미이; 임주영; 신상훈; 김수연; 송진동
- InGaAs; InAlAs; GaAs; metamorphic; Multiple quantum wells; Photoluminescence; Time-resolved photoluminescence; InGaAs/InAlAs multiple quantum wells
- Issue Date
- 한국진공학회지; Journal of the Korean Vacuum Society
- VOL 20, NO 6, 449-455
- The luminescence properties of In0.5Ga0.5As/In0.5Al0.5As multiple quantum wells (MQWs)
grown on In0.4Al0.6As buffer layer have been investigated by using photoluminescence (PL)
and time-resolved PL measurements. A 1-μm-thick In0.4Al0.6As buffer layers were deposited
at various temperatures from 320℃ to 580℃ on a 500-nm-thick GaAs layer, and then 1-μ
m-thick In0.5Al0.5As layers were deposited at 480oC, followed by the deposition of the
InGaAs/InAlAs MQWs. In order to study the effects of In0.4Al0.6As layer on the optical
properties of the MQWs, four different temperature sequences are used for the growth of
In0.4Al0.6As buffer layer. The MQWs consist of three In0.5Ga0.5As wells with different well
thicknesses (2.5-nm, 4.0-nm, and 6.0-nm-thick) and 10-nm-thick In0.5Al0.5As barriers. The
PL peaks from 4-nm QW and 6-nm QW were observed. However, for the MQWs on the
In0.4Al0.6As layer grown by using the largest growth temperature variation (320-580℃), the
PL spectrum only showed a PL peak from 6-nm QW. The carrier decay times in the 4-nm
QW and 6-nm QW were measured from the emission wavelength dependence of PL decay.
These results indicated that the growth temperatures of In0.4Al0.6As layer affect the optical
properties of the MQWs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.