Steam CO2 reforming of methane over modified Ni based Catalyst
- Steam CO2 reforming of methane over modified Ni based Catalyst
- 문동주; 양은혁; 이윤주; 김현진; 안병성; 남석우; 김상우
- CO2 reforming; methane; syngas; FPSO; MeOH; GTL
- Issue Date
- Green Chemistry 2011 Innovation - 3rd Asia-Oceania Conference on Green & Sustainable Chemistry
- , 91-91
- Recently, stranded gas and associated gas have been received much attentions as attractive resources for the production for liquid fuels (methanol, gasoline, diesel) in offshore floating process. Steam CO2 reforming (SCR) of methane over modified Ni-based catalyst was investigated for the production of synthesis gas for applications in the MeOH-FPSO (floating, production, storage and offloading) process.
Modified Ni based catalysts were prepared by co-precipitation, impregnation and solid phase crystallization methods. The catalysts before and after the reaction were characterized by N2 physisoprtion, CO chemisoprtion, XRD, TPR, SEM and TEM techniques. Simulation for SCR of methane was carried out by Aspen plus, and the catalytic performance was evaluated in a fixed bed reactor system under the operating conditions optimized by the simulation. The catalytic performance of the prepared catalysts is compared with a commercial SR catalyst under the tested conditions. The results suggest that Ni/MgAl hydrotalcite-like catalyst can be applied to SCR reactor for the production of synthesis gas in MeOH-/GTL-FPSO process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.