Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Study of a Propane-Refrigerant Centrifugal Compressor for LNG Plant
- Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Study of a Propane-Refrigerant Centrifugal Compressor for LNG Plant
- 박주훈; 이원석; 신유환; 김광호; 이윤표; 정진택
- Aerodynamic Design; Centrifugal Compressor; Tip Clearance; CFD; Propane Refrigerant; LNG Plnat
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회논문집 B권
- VOL 35, NO 8, 781-787
- We design a four-stage propane-refrigerant centrifugal compressor for an LNG plant. Using a commercial
code, we aerodynamically designed the compressor at each design point of the corresponding stages. We estimated the
one-dimensional aerodynamic design output and the three-dimensional shape of the impeller flow passage via
three-dimensional flow analysis. In particular, we discuss in detail the flow characteristics of the impeller and the
vaneless diffuser passages of the fourth-stage compressor in terms of the velocity fields, the pressure, and the entropy
distributions of the flow passages. We include the flow effects of the tip clearance flow, because at this stage the
rotating speed and total inlet pressure are higher than those at the other compressor stages are. We carried out
performance tests of the designed compressor stages using propane as a refrigerant in the LNG cycle. The practical
evaluation could lead to design enhancements in the future.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.