XAS and XMCD studies of amorphous FeCo-based ribbons
- XAS and XMCD studies of amorphous FeCo-based ribbons
- 가우탐; S. N. Kane; B. G. Park; J. Y. Kim; L. K. Varga; 송종한; 채근화
- FeCo-based alloy; Amorphous ribbons; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; X-ray magnetic circular dichroism
- Issue Date
- Journal of non-crystalline solids
- VOL 357, NO 11-13, 2228-2231
- This paper reports x-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) and x-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD)
studies at Fe L3,2 and Co L3,2-edges to investigate the electronic structure of (Fe100−xCox)78Si9Nb3B9Cu1
(0<x<95) alloys. The influence of controlled Co addition on electronic structural and magnetic properties of
(Fe100−xCox)78Si9Nb3B9Cu1 (x=0, 20, 40, and 60) alloys has been investigated and it has been observed that
Co exists as Co2+/Co3+, while Fe exists as a mixture of Fe0 (metallic) and Fe2+. The XMCD studies confirm
these results and reveal that Co-ions are responsible for the room temperature ferromagnetism (RTFM) in the
system, while at Fe L3,2-edge it shows a diamagnetic behavior.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.