Ferromagnetism in Chemically-synthesized Co-doped ZnO
- Ferromagnetism in Chemically-synthesized Co-doped ZnO
- Shalendra Kumar; Y. J. Kim; B. H. Koo; Heekyu Choi; C. G. Lee; S. K. Sharma; M. Knobel; Sanjeev Gautam; 채근화
- ZnO; X-ray diffraction and absorption; Oxygen vacancy
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 55, NO 3, 1060-1064
- We report room temperature ferromagnetism (RTFM) in Co-doped ZnO (Zn1−xCoxO; x = 0.01
− 0.05) powder synthesized using a co-precipitation method. Our magnetometry data reveal a weak
FM behavior at RT in the range 0.01 < x < 0.05. FM by magnetic FM moment steadily decreases
with increasing dopant. The O K-edge near-edge X-ray absorption fine structure (NEXAFS) spectra
indicate that O vacancies increases with increasing Co concentration and that the sample with x
≥ 0.03 has more broadening at 535 and 540 eV, which may be due to the oxygen vacancies. Co in
the ZnO host reveals a +2 oxidation state via the K edge NEXAFS spectra.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.