Preparation of LiCoPO4 and LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 materials with improved battery performance
- Preparation of LiCoPO4 and LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 materials with improved battery performance
- In Chul Jang; H.H. Lim; S.B. Lee; K. Karthikeyan; V. Aravindan; 강기석; 윤원섭; 조원일; 이윤성
- LiCoPO4; LiFePO4; Surface coating; TEM; XRD; battery eprformance; Lithium cobalt phosphate; Lithium ion phosphate; Sol？el method; Solid-state reaction
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 497, 321-324
- Olivine LiCoPO4 material has been successfully synthesized by solid-state reaction method without any
carbon coating. The X-ray diffraction pattern shows that LiCoPO4 has a well developed orthorhombic
structure with Pnma space group. The SEM analysis shows the particulate nature of the prepared materials
with <200 nm size. The TEM analysis confirms that a 2–3 nm thick LiFePO4 layer is coated onto
LiCoPO4. The LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 cell delivers a high initial discharge capacity of 132mAhg−1, which
is 19mAhg−1 higher than the parent LiCoPO4. Furthermore, the LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 cell exhibits an
improved capacity retention compared to the original LiCoPO4 during cycling.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.