Preparation and Evaluation of Fe-Al Binary Oxide for Arsenic Removal: Comparative Study with Single Metal Oxides
- Preparation and Evaluation of Fe-Al Binary Oxide for Arsenic Removal: Comparative Study with Single Metal Oxides
- Hye-Jin Hong; Wasif Farooq; 양중석; Ji-Won Yang
- adsorption; arsenic; metal oxide; pH effect; iron-aluminum binary oxide
- Issue Date
- Separation science and technology
- VOL 45, NO 12, 1975-1981
- In this study, Fe-Al binary oxide was synthesized and evaluated
for arsenic removal. Due to its large surface area, Fe-Al mixed
oxide shows four times higher As(V) and As(III) adsorption
capacity than conventional iron oxide. For a comparative study,
single metal oxides such as iron oxide and aluminum oxide are also
synthesized. The physical and chemical characteristics of the prepared
adsorbents are analyzed by SEM, XRD, and BET analyzer.
Through the adsorption isotherm and pH effect experiments, it
is discovered that Fe-Al binary oxide shows excellent arsenic
adsorption capacity compared with single metal oxides.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.