Two-Phase Magnet in the Co/Co2MnSn System
- Two-Phase Magnet in the Co/Co2MnSn System
- Taewan Kim; Hye-in Yim; Hyun-Yong Lee; 이경일
- two-phase magnet; exchange coupling; Heusler alloy; metallic phase
- Issue Date
- Journal of Magnetics
- VOL 16, NO 1, 10-14
- This study reports on Co/Co2MnSn two-phase magnets. The Co/Co2MnSn two-phase magnet has Co precipitates
in a Co2MnSn Heusler alloy matrix, in which the two phases are exchange-coupled at the phase boundary.
The as-casted Co/Co2MnSn system, which has Co-Mn solid solution precipitates in a Co2MnSn Heusler
alloy matrix, showed that the Co solid solution precipitates are crystallographically coherent and there is
exchange coupling at the phase boundary. To form pure Co precipitates by removal of Mn solute atoms in Co-
Mn solid solution, annealing was carried out 48 hours at 870oC. After annealing, the low T
c and low magnetization
phase of the Co-Mn solid solution became a high Tc and high magnetization phase of hexagonal Co
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.