Anchoring Au and Pt Nanoparticles on Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes via Electron Beam Induced Amorphous Carbon Encapsulation
- Anchoring Au and Pt Nanoparticles on Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes via Electron Beam Induced Amorphous Carbon Encapsulation
- Song Wooseok; Kim Sung Hwan; Kim Yooseok; Kim Soo Youn; Jeon Cheolho; 최원철; Lee Byung Cheol; Park Chong-Yun
- Issue Date
- Japanese journal of applied physics
- VOL 50, NO 4, 045102-1-045102-4
- Au and Pt nanoparticles (NPs) were anchored on multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) via electron beam induced amorphous carbon
encapsulation by energy-tunable MeV electron beam irradiation (MEBI) under ambient conditions. MEBI allowed the formation of sizehomogeneous
Au and Pt NPs on MWCNTs, as observed by transmission electron microscopy. Anchoring of metal NPs was achieved by MEBIinduced
amorphous carbon encapsulation. The chemical doping effects of Au and Pt NPs were also verified by Raman spectroscopy. MEBI may
provide a facile methodology for anchoring metal NPs to enhance electrical conductivity without destruction of MWCNTs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.