Effect of Screw Configuration on Filler Dispersion in Intermeshing Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruder
- Effect of Screw Configuration on Filler Dispersion in Intermeshing Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruder
- 강민성; 강병욱; 심현석; 손재명; 이광희; 박민
- filer dispersion; screw configuration; twin-screw extruder
- Issue Date
- 폴리머; Polymer(Korea)
- VOL 35, NO 2, 99-105
- To optimize the properties of compounds, effective mixing is of importance to achieve adequate distribution and dispersion of filler particles. A variety of mixing elements have been used for twin-screw extruders in order to improve the mixing efficiency. In this study, the effects of 10 screw configurations on the filler dispersion were investigated for the calcium carbonate filled polystyrene processed in a corotating twin-screw extruder. The state of filler dispersion was characterized by optical microscopy equipped with a photodiode. The experimental results indicated that the type and position of mixing elements primarily affected the degree of filler dispersion.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.