Graphene-filled hollow optical fiber saturable absorber for efficient soliton fiber laser mode-locking
- Graphene-filled hollow optical fiber saturable absorber for efficient soliton fiber laser mode-locking
- 최선영; 조대근; 송용원; 오경환; 김기홍; 이상민; 염동일
- graphene; fiber laser; mode-locking
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 20, NO 5, 5652-5657
- We demonstrate a novel in-line saturable absorber based on
hollow optical fiber (HOF) filled with graphene composite for high power
operation of mode-locked fiber laser. Evanescent field of guided mode
propagating in few centimeter-long HOF interacts with the
graphene/polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) composite, which enables robust and
efficient nonlinear absorption leading to stable passive mode-locking. The
mode-locked fiber laser generates soliton pulses with 5.9-nm spectral
bandwidth and its maximum output power is measured up to 80 mW. We
also observe passive harmonic mode-locking of soliton laser delivering
stable pulses with a repetition rate of 506.9 MHz at 33rd harmonics.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.