Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of a nanocrystalline 17.14Fe0.7Cr0.2Al0.1-Si3N4 composite by pulsed current activated sintering
- Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of a nanocrystalline 17.14Fe0.7Cr0.2Al0.1-Si3N4 composite by pulsed current activated sintering
- 손인진; 두송이; 송철규; 도정만; 윤진국; 박상환
- Nanostructured materials; Sintering; Synthesis; Hardness; Composite materias
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 13, NO 1, 71-75
- Nanopowders of Fe3N, Cr, Si and Al powders were fabricated by high-energy ball milling. A high-density nanocrystalline
17.14Fe0.7Cr0.2Al0.1-Si3N4 composite was simultaneously synthesized and consolidated by a pulsed current activated sintering
(PCAS) method within two minutes from mechanically activated powders of Fe3N, Cr, Si and Al. The advantage of this process
is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and prohibits grain growth in nano-structured materials.
The hardness of the composite was about 430 kg/mm2.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.