The effect of an ultra-thin zirconia blocking layer on the performance of a 1-μm-thick gadolinia-doped ceria electrolyte solid-oxide fuel cell
- The effect of an ultra-thin zirconia blocking layer on the performance of a 1-μm-thick gadolinia-doped ceria electrolyte solid-oxide fuel cell
- 명두환; 홍종일; 윤경중; 김병국; 이해원; 이종호; 손지원
- Thin-film electrolyte solid-oxide fuel cell; Gadolinia-doped ceria; Pulsed laser deposition; Yttria-stabilized zirconia; Reduction-blocking layer
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 206, 91-96
- Ultra-thin (less than 200 nm) yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ) blocking layers are employed at the anode
side of a 1- m-thick gadolinia-doped ceria (GDC) thin-film electrolyte by pulsed laser deposition. Their
effects on a GDC thin-film electrolyte solid-oxide fuel cell (TF-SOFC) are presented. Without blocking
layers, the open cell voltage (OCV) of the GDC TF-SOFC is about 0.6 V. By inserting the blocking layer,
the OCV increases to over 1 V. As a result, the maximum power density of the TF-SOFC increases from
377 mW cm−2 to over 1 W cm−2 at 600 ◦C. The present study demonstrates the possibility of obtaining
the critical performance at a low temperature regime using thin-film GDC electrolytes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.