Perpendicular Magnetic Tunnel Junctions Having CoFeB/CoPt Alloy Layers
- Perpendicular Magnetic Tunnel Junctions Having CoFeB/CoPt Alloy Layers
- 최경민; 민병철; 신경호
- Magnetic tunnel junctions (MTJs)
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 48, NO 3, 1130-1133
- We have fabricated perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions consisting of hcp Ru underlayer/hcp CoPt alloy/CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB/CoPt alloy (or Co)/Pt capping layer. By inserting the CoPt alloy (or Co) between the CoFeB and Pt capping layers, it is possible to increase a perpendicular magnetic anisotropy of the top electrode. Using a top electrode of , we have obtained an effective magnetic anisotropy of and a tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) of 9.4%. The analysis of the crystal structure reveals that the low TMR is a consequence of the fcc (111) texture of CoFeB layers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.