Synthesis of substituted benzimidazolyl curcumin mimics and their anticancer activity
- Synthesis of substituted benzimidazolyl curcumin mimics and their anticancer activity
- 우호범; 염영우; 박규상; 함정엽; 안찬묵; 이석준
- Synthesis; Curcumin mimics; Natural product; Anticancer; Aldol reaction
- Issue Date
- Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters
- VOL 22, NO 2, 933-936
- A novel curcumin mimic library (14a–14h and 15a–15h) possessing variously substituted benzimidazole
groups was synthesized through the aldol reaction of (E)-4-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)but-3-en-2-
one (7) or (E)-4-(3-hydroxy-4-methoxyphenyl)but-3-en-2-one (13) with diversely substituted benzimidazolyl-
2-carbaldehyde (12a–12h). The MTT assay of the cancer cells MCF-7, SH-SY5Y, HEP-G2, and H460
showed that compound 14c with IC50 of 1.0 and 1.9 lM has a strong inhibitory effect on the growth of
SH-SY5Y and Hep-G2 cells, respectively, and that compound 15h with IC50 of 1.9 lM has a strong inhibitory
effect on the growth of MCF-7 cancer cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.