Estimation of the shear transformation zone size in a bulk metallic glass through statistical analysis of the first pop-in stresses during spherical nanoindentation
- Estimation of the shear transformation zone size in a bulk metallic glass through statistical analysis of the first pop-in stresses during spherical nanoindentation
- 최인철; Zhao, Yakai; 유병길; 김용재; 서진유; Ramamurty, Upadrasta; 장재일
- bulk amorphous materials; nanoindentation; yield phenomena; shear transformation zone
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 66, NO 11, 923-926
- The size of the shear transformation zone (STZ) that initiates the elastic to plastic transition in a Zr-based bulk metallic glass was
estimated by conducting a statistical analysis of the first pop-in event during spherical nanoindentation. A series of experiments led
us to a successful description of the distribution of shear strength for the transition and its dependence on the loading rate. From the
activation volume determined by statistical analysis the STZ size was estimated based on a cooperative shearing model.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.