Facile preparation of carbon-supported PtNi hollow nanoparticles with high electrochemical performance
- Facile preparation of carbon-supported PtNi hollow nanoparticles with high electrochemical performance
- 배종성; 유성종; 임윤택; 김소정; 임이랑; Junghun Choi; 남기석; 황승준; 임태훈; 김수길; 김필
- 연료전지; PtNi alloy catalysts; Hollow nanoparticles; 산소환원반응
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry
- VOL 22, NO 18, 8820-8825
- To design Pt-based materials with a hollow structure via a galvanic reaction would be one of the
effective ways to prepare electro- catalysts with high activity. The galvanic reaction between Pt ions and
metal template is usually conducted under limited conditions, which makes the preparation of Pt
hollow nanoparticles laborious. Here, we introduce a one-step and one-pot synthetic approach for the
preparation of carbon-supported PtNi alloy hollow nanoparticles with a narrow size distribution.
Prepared PtNi alloys were characterized by a nonporous shell consisting of a Pt-enriched surface layer
and an inner alloy layer of Pt and Ni. Due to its unique structural advantages, this material showed
excellent electrocatalytic performance for oxygen reduction (3.3- and 7.8-fold enhanced mass and
specific activities compared to those of a commercial carbon-supported Pt nanoparticle). A possible
mechanism for the formation of PtNi hollow structure is suggested.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.