Synthesis of porous Cu from Al-Cu-Co decagonal quasicrystalline alloys
- Synthesis of porous Cu from Al-Cu-Co decagonal quasicrystalline alloys
- T. Kalai Vani; 권오집; 홍성민; 에릭플러리
- quasicrystalline; Al-Cu-Co; corrosion; dealloying; porosity; catalyst
- Issue Date
- Philosophical magazine : structure and properties of condensed matter
- VOL 91, NO 19-21, 2920-2928
- The formation of a porous Cu structure from cast Al–Cu–Co decagonal
quasicrystalline alloys has been studied using a selective corrosion
technique. Two alkaline solutions were selected based on the electrochemical
properties of the constituent elements. Selective corrosion of Al and Co
was achieved by chemical immersion of the cast Al–Cu–Co alloy in both
5M NaOH and 0.5M Na2CO3 solutions; values for BET surface-to-weight
ratio of up to 30 ㎡/g could be reached. Microstructural analyses indicated
that the architecture of the resulting porous structures was composed of a
needle-type phase, remaining from the decagonal phase, in addition to Cu
and Cu–Co phases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.