Fabrication of Ag/Al(OH)3 mesoporous nanocomposite film
- Fabrication of Ag/Al(OH)3 mesoporous nanocomposite film
- 서영익; 이영중; 김대군; 이규환; 김영도
- meso porous; nano composite; Ag/Al(OH)3; film formation mechanism; In situ dispersion; Ag nanoparticles; Mesoporous surface; Alkali surface modification; Polyol process
- Issue Date
- Microporous and mesoporous materials
- VOL 139, NO 1-3, 211-215
- In this study, a Ag/Al(OH)3 mesoporous nanocomposite film was fabricated for antibacterial and biomedical
applications. First, a mesoporous Al(OH)3 layer was prepared by alkali surface modification of an Al
substrate. The prepared Al(OH)3 layer was composed of flaky crystals woven within and covering the
entire substrate surface so that the specific surface area was considerably enlarged because of voids of
several tens of nanometers between the flakes. The substrate covered by the Al(OH)3 layer was immersed
in a solution of ethylene glycol where polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) and silver nitrate (AgNO3) were dissolved
for the polyol process. When the solution with the substrate was heated to 120 ℃ and maintained
at that temperature up for 4 h, the Ag nanoparticles were nucleated and grown at the mesoporous
Al(OH)3 layer surface, as well as in the solution as colloids. It is believed that the Al(OH)3 layer is a suitable
matrix for the fabrication of mesoporous nanocomposite film.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.