The chemical and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activity changes of ginsenosides Rb1 and Rg1 by Maillard reaction
- The chemical and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activity changes of ginsenosides Rb1 and Rg1 by Maillard reaction
- Yamabe Noriko; 이진균; 이용제; 박찬흠; 김현영; 박정일; Yokozawa Takako; 강기성
- Ginsenoside Rb1; Ginsenoside Rg1; Free radical; Maillard reaction; Panax ginseng; Glycine; 1,1-Diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical
- Issue Date
- Journal of Ginseng Research
- VOL 35, NO 1, 60-68
- The chemical and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical scavenging activity changes of ginsenoside -glycine and ginsenoside -glycine mixtures by Maillard reaction were investigated to identify the role of Maillard reaction in the increased antioxidant activity of ginseng by heat-processing. The DPPH radical scavenging activity of -glycine mixture was more strongly increased by heat-processing than that of -glycine mixture. From the analyses of ginsenosides, was gradually changed into 20(S)-, 20(R)-, and by heat-processing. was gradually changed into 20(S)-, 20(R)-, and by heat-processing. However, the generation of these less-polar ginsenosides was not related to the increased DPPH radical scavenging activity of -glycine and -glycine mixtures because their DPPH radical scavenging activities were already significantly increased when dried at , which temperature induce no structural changes of ginsenosides. In the comparison of browning compound levels of -glycine and -glycine mixtures, the extents of Maillard reaction were positively correlated with their increased free radical scavenging activities. Based on the chemical and DPPH radical scavenging activity changes of -glycine and -glycine mixtures by heat-processing, we clearly identified that the increased free radical scavenging activity of ginsenoside is mediated by the Maillard reaction between sugar moiety of ginsenoside and amino acid.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.