The charge trapping characteristic of Si3N4 and Al2O3 layers on amorphous-indium-gallium-zinc oxide thin films for memory application
- The charge trapping characteristic of Si3N4 and Al2O3 layers on amorphous-indium-gallium-zinc oxide thin films for memory application
- 정지심; 라상호; 김언기; 정윤장; 정윤수; 최정혜; 황철성
- a-IGZO; charge trap; memory application
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 100, NO 18, 183503-1-183503-4
- The charge trapping characteristics of 30-nm-thick Si3N4 and 3-nm-thick Al2O3 layers between
amorphous In-Ga-Zn-O thin films and 100-nm-thick blocking oxides made of thermal SiO2 were
examined. The Si3N4 layer showed several discrete trap levels with relatively low density, while
the Al2O3 layer showed a higher trap density with continuous distribution for electron trapping.
When no tunneling oxide was adopted, the trapped carriers were easily detrapped, even at room
temperature. Adoption of a 6-nm-thick SiO2 tunneling layer grown by atomic layer deposition
largely improved the retention of the trapped charges and retained ~60% of the trapped charges
even after 10 000 s.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.