Synthesis of mesoporous MgO single crystals without templates
- Synthesis of mesoporous MgO single crystals without templates
- Shashikala Veldurthi; 신채호; 주오심; 정광덕
- Precipitation; MgO single crystals; Mesopores
- Issue Date
- Microporous and mesoporous materials
- VOL 152, 31-36
- Single crystals of MgO were synthesized using a simple precipitation method with no templates. The magnesium hydroxide was synthesized at 25 °C or 100 °C by the precipitation of magnesium nitrate solution, aged at room temperature or 100 °C. Precipitation temperature had a great influence on the morphology in the synthesis of magnesium oxide. The N2 physisorption, XRD and electron microscopic (SEM/TEM, HRTEM) analysis associated with the electron diffraction reveal the different morphological structures and pores of MgO synthesized with different synthesis methods. Precipitation at 25 °C generated macroporous MgO with plate-like crystals. However, the change of precipitation temperature to 100 °C generated mesoporous single crystalline MgO, and the stabilization and growth of MgO(1 1 1) planes (with d-spacing of 0.244 nm) was observed. The formation of mesopores and single crystallinity of MgO synthesized by the precipitation at 100 °C were retained even after calcination at a temperature of 800 °C for 5 h.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.