Mechanical properties and microstructures of Al-1Fe-(0-1)Zr bulk nano-crystalline alloy processed by mechanical alloying and spark plasma sintering
- Mechanical properties and microstructures of Al-1Fe-(0-1)Zr bulk nano-crystalline alloy processed by mechanical alloying and spark plasma sintering
- C.L. Mendis; H.P. Jhawar; T.T. Sasakia; K. Oh-ishi; K. Sivaprasad; 에릭플러리; K. Hono
- Nanocrystalline Al; mechanical properties; microstructure; mechanical alloying
- Issue Date
- Materials science & engineering. A, Structural materials : properties, microstructure and processing
- VOL 541, 152-158
- A high strength bulk nano-crystalline Al–1Fe–(0-1)Zr alloys were processed by mechanical alloying and
spark plasma sintering. The high yield strength of
~850 MPa was achieved in an Al–1Fe–0.5Zr alloy
with 19% strain in compression. The high strength was attributed to the nanosized Al–Fe grains and the
dispersion of fine Al6Fe particles. High temperature compressive yield strength of 455 MPa and elongation
of 16.7% was achieved at 250 ◦C.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.