Preparation of Al-Cu-Fe-(Sn,Si) quasicrystalline bulks by laser multilayer cladding
- Preparation of Al-Cu-Fe-(Sn,Si) quasicrystalline bulks by laser multilayer cladding
- Li-ping Feng; 에릭플러리; Guo-sheng Zhang
- quasicrystals; nanohardness; laser cladding; phase composition; morphology; mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials
- VOL 19, NO 5, 434-440
- (Al65Cu20Fe15)100−xSnx (x=0, 12, 20, 30) and Al57Si10Cu18Fe15 powders were cladded on a medium carbon steel (45# steel) substrate
by laser multilayer cladding, respectively. The phases and properties of the produced quasicrystalline bulks were investigated. It was found
that the main phases in the Al65Cu20Fe15 sample were crystalline λ-Al13Fe4 and icosahedral quasicrystal together with a small volume fraction
of θ-Al2Cu phase. The volume fraction of icosahedral phase decreased as the Sn content in the (Al65Cu20Fe15)100−xSnx samples increased owing
to the formation of β-CuSn phase. The increase of Sn content improved the brittleness of the quasicrystal samples. The morphology of
the solidification microstructure in the Al57Si10Cu18Fe15 sample changed from elongated shape to spherical shape due to the addition of Si.
The nanohardness of the laser multilayer cladded quasicrystal samples was equal to that of the as-cast sample prepared by vacuum quenching.
In terms of hardness, the laser cladded Al57Si10Cu18Fe15 quasicrystalline alloy has the highest value among all the investigated samples.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.