Experimental investigation on a Q-switched, mode-locked fiber laser based on the combination of active mode locking and passive Q switching
- Experimental investigation on a Q-switched, mode-locked fiber laser based on the combination of active mode locking and passive Q switching
- 이준수; 구준회; 장유민; 풀락; 송용원; 이주한
- mode locking; Q switching; CNT
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Optical Society of America. B, Optical physics
- VOL 29, NO 6, 1479-1485
- We performed an experimental investigation on a Q-switched, mode-locked laser based on the combination of
passive Q switching and active mode locking. This study was carried out using an erbium fiber ring laser incorporating
an active mode locker employing a fast Si-based variable optical attenuator and a passive Q switch based
on a carbon nanotube saturable absorber. It was found that stable Q-switched, mode-locked pulses can be readily
generated when using a particular cavity modulation index and pump power. It was also found that our scheme
can easily alter the operating regime among the Q switching, Q-switched mode locking, and mode locking by
simply controlling the cavity modulation index and/or the pump power. For this particular laser configuration,
the cavity modulation index and pump power operating conditions have been experimentally analyzed for three
laser operating regimes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.