Gravity-oriented microfluidic device for uniform and massive cell spheroid formation
- Gravity-oriented microfluidic device for uniform and massive cell spheroid formation
- 이강선; 김충; 양재영; 이훈; 안병욱; Linfeng Xu; 강지윤; 오광욱
- Issue Date
- VOL 6, NO 1, 014114-1-014114-7
- We propose a simple method for forming massive and uniform three-dimensional
(3-D) cell spheroids in a multi-level structured microfluidic device by gravitational
force. The concept of orienting the device vertically has allowed spheroid formation,
long-term perfusion, and retrieval of the cultured spheroids by user-friendly
standard pipetting. We have successfully formed, perfused, and retrieved uniform,
size-controllable, well-conditioned spheroids of human embryonic kidney 293 cells
(HEK 293) in the gravity-oriented microfluidic device. We expect the proposed
method will be a useful tool to study in-vitro 3-D cell models for the proliferation,
differentiation, and metabolism of embryoid bodies or tumours.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.