High-efficiency Grid-type Si Solar Cell Structure
- High-efficiency Grid-type Si Solar Cell Structure
- 변석주; 변석용; 이장교; 이택성; 김원목; 조규만; 신동우; 탁성주; 김동환
- Ray tracing; Si photovoltaic cells; Texture; Optical design; Grid-type; Reflector
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 60, NO 12, 2075-2078
- The demand to reduce Si usage in Si photovoltaic cells in order to improve the cost-effectiveness is
ever-increasing in photovoltaic industry. In this study, we propose a new Si photovoltaic cell structure,
in which Si grids are formed and reflectors are positioned in between. The optical absorption
efficiency of the proposed cell structure was analyzed by making comparisons with simple Si cells
with flat and textured surfaces. A quantitative analysis of the optical absorption was made by using
a direct absorption calculation algorithm based on the three-dimensional modeling and ray-tracing
technique. The proposed grid-type cell structure was shown to be able to yield an improvement in
the absorption efficiency per unit Si volume as high as 91% when compared to typical Si cells with
pyramidal surface texturing.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.