An Efficient Ray Tracing Algorithm for the Simulation of Light Trapping Effects in Si Solar Cells with Textured Surfaces
- An Efficient Ray Tracing Algorithm for the Simulation of Light Trapping Effects in Si Solar Cells with Textured Surfaces
- 변석용; 변석주; 이장교; 김재완; 이택성; 신동우; 조규만; 탁성주; 김동환; 김원목
- Ray Tracing; Light Confinement; Texturing; Si Solar Cells
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 12, NO 4, 3224-3227
- Optimizing the design of the surface texture is an essential aspect of Si solar cell technology as
it can maximize the light trapping efficiency of the cells. The proper simulation tools can provide
efficient means of designing and analyzing the effects of the texture patterns on light confinement
in an active medium. In this work, a newly devised algorithm termed Slab-Outline, based on a
ray tracing technique, is reported. The details of the intersection searching logic adopted in Slab-
Outline algorithm are also discussed. The efficiency of the logic was tested by comparing the
computing time between the current algorithm and the Constructive Solid Geometry algorithm, and
its superiority in computing speed was proved. The validity of the new algorithm was verified by
comparing the simulated reflectance spectra with the measured spectra from a textured Si surface.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.