Study on the thermal stability of ordered mesoporous SiO2 film for thermal insulating film
- Study on the thermal stability of ordered mesoporous SiO2 film for thermal insulating film
- 하태정; 박형호; 장호원; 윤석진; 신상우; 조형희
- Ordered mesoporous SiO2 film; Thermal stability; Pore ordering; Mechanical property; Thermal conductivity
- Issue Date
- Microporous and mesoporous materials
- VOL 158, 123-128
- Ordered mesoporous SiO2 film has very low thermal conductivity compared to dense SiO2 film due to the
presence of nanometer-sized pores. In order to apply this excellent material to thermal insulation fields,
it is important to ensure the thermal stability of the pore structure at high temperature as well as thermal
conductivity. In this study, ordered mesoporous SiO2 films were synthesized with various amounts of
surfactant, and heat treatment at various temperatures was conducted with the synthesized films to confirm
their thermal stabilities. Pore structure degradation of the mesoporous SiO2 film was observed with
increasing temperature of the heat treatment as measured by grazing incidence small angle X-ray scattering.
However, mesoporous SiO2 films with highly-ordered pore arrangements showed enhanced thermal
stability and maintained their pore structures during additional heat treatment at higher
temperatures. The mechanical properties and thermal conductivity of the ordered mesoporous SiO2 films
with thermal stability at high temperature were analyzed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.