Permeation properties of single gases (N2, O2, SF6, CF4) through PDMS and PEBAX membranes
- Permeation properties of single gases (N2, O2, SF6, CF4) through PDMS and PEBAX membranes
- 김한별; 이민우; 박완근; 이순재; 이현경; 이상협
- sulfur hexafluoride(SF6); tetrafluoromethane(CF4); polymeric membrane; gas separation
- Issue Date
- 멤브레인(Membrane Journal)
- VOL 22, NO 3, 201-207
- In this study, we investigated permeation of single gas (N2, O2, CF4, and SF6) through flat sheet membrane composed
of PDMS (poly-dimethylsiloxane) and PEBAX (polyether block amides). Gas permeation experiment was performed with
various feed pressure. Permeability was estimated using permeation flux measured by continuous-flow technique. The permeability
of gases except SF6 in PDMS were decreased with the upstream pressure increased. SF6 is much more permeable than CF4, which is
due to higher critical temperature of SF6. The permeability decreased in the following order : O2 > N2 > SF6 > CF4. On the other
hand, the permeability of gases in PEBAX followed the order: O2 > N2 > CF4 > SF6 which are opposite of the order of kinematic diameter
(Å)(SF6 > CF4 > N2 > O2). The SF6/CF4 pure gas selectivity in PDMS was 2.1 at 0.7 MPa.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.