Composition Analysis and Antioxidant Activity of Ojuk (Phyllostachys nigra Munro) Leaf Tea and Shoot Tea
- Composition Analysis and Antioxidant Activity of Ojuk (Phyllostachys nigra Munro) Leaf Tea and Shoot Tea
- 김상민; 전제승; 강석우; 김우리; 이기덕; 엄병헌
- antioxidant; Phyllostachys nigra; tea; total flavonoid; total polyphenol; online antioxidants screening system; 오죽; 온라인 항산화 활성 분석 시스템; 총 폴리페놀; 총 플라보노이드
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry
- VOL 55, NO 2, 95-101
- Nutritional components of Ojuk leaf tea and Ojuk
shoot tea prepared from the leaves and shoots of black bamboo
(Phyllostachys nigra Munro) by tea manufacturing process were
evaluated. In addition, the extraction yield of water soluble
components from these teas in the general tea brewing condition
(water extraction in 80℃ for 10 min.) and the contents of
polyphenol and flavonoid were compared with not only the dried
raw materials, but also green tea and mate tea. Finally, offline and
online scavenging activities against 2,2'-azino-bis(3-ethylbenzothiazoline-
6-sulphonic acid) (ABTS) and di(phenyl)-(2,4,6
trinitrophenyl)iminoazanium free radicals were investigated to
evaluate the antioxidant activity and explore the components
showing ABTS free radical scavenging activity from tea infusion.
These results demonstrated that these teas from black bamboo
contain various nutritional components and can be used as
traditional tea beneficial to human health.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.