Single Crystalline Mesoporous Silicon Nanowire
- Single Crystalline Mesoporous Silicon Nanowire
- Allon I. Hochbaum; Daniel Gargas; 황윤정; Peidong Yang
- Silicon nanowire; Photoluminescence; Mesoporous Si; Electroless Etching
- Issue Date
- Nano letters
- VOL 9, NO 10, 3550-3554
- Herein we demonstrate a novel electroless etching synthesis of monolithic, single-crystalline, mesoporous silicon nanowire arrays with a high
surface area and luminescent properties consistent with conventional porous silicon materials. These porous nanowires also retain the
crystallographic orientation of the wafer from which they are etched. Electron microscopy and diffraction confirm their single-crystallinity and
reveal the silicon surrounding the pores is as thin as several nanometers. Confocal fluorescence microscopy showed that the photoluminescence
(PL) of these arrays emanate from the nanowires themselves, and their PL spectrum suggests that these arrays may be useful as photocatalytic
substrates or active components of nanoscale optoelectronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.