Organic photovoltaic cells fabricated on a SnOx/Ag/SnOx multilayer transparent conducting electrode
- Organic photovoltaic cells fabricated on a SnOx/Ag/SnOx multilayer transparent conducting electrode
- 양정도; 조세희; 홍태우; 손동익; 박동희; 유경화; 최원국
- SnOx/Ag/SnOx; transparent electrode; solar cell; Power conversion efficiency; Tin oxide; Silver; Multilayer transparent conducting electrode; Electrical resistivity; Optical transmittance; Organic photovoltaic cell
- Issue Date
- Thin solid films
- VOL 520, NO 19, 6215-6220
- Transparent conducting multilayer structured electrode of a few nm Ag layer embedded in tin oxide thin film SnOx/Ag/SnOx was fabricated on a glass by RF magnetron sputtering at room temperature. The multilayer of the SnOx(40 nm)/Ag(11 nm)/SnOx(40 nm) electrode shows the maximum optical transmittance of 87.3% at 550 nm and a quite low electrical resistivity of 6.5 × 10− 5 Ω cm, and the corresponding figure of merit (T10/RS) is equivalent to 3.6 × 10− 2 Ω− 1. A normal organic photovoltaic (OPV) structure of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(styrene sulfonate)/polythiophene:phenyl-C60-butyric acid methyl ester/Al was fabricated on glass/SnOx/Ag/SnOx to examine the compatibility of OPV as a transparent conducting electrode. Measured characteristic values of open circuit voltage of 0.62 V, saturation current of 8.11 mA/㎠ and fill factor of 0.54 are analogous to 0.63 V, 8.37 mA/㎠ and 0.58 of OPV on commercial glass/indium tin oxide (ITO) respectively. A resultant power conversion efficiency of 2.7% is also very comparable with the 3.09% of the same OPV structure on the commercial ITO glass as a reference, and which reveals that SnOx/Ag/SnOx can be appropriate to OPV solar cells as a sound transparent conducting electrode.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.