A Study on the Design and Electrical Characteristics Enhancement of the Floating Island IGBT with Low On-Resistance
- A Study on the Design and Electrical Characteristics Enhancement of the Floating Island IGBT with Low On-Resistance
- Eun Sik Jung; Yu Seup Cho; Ey Goo Kang; 김용태; Man Young Sung
- IGBTs; Floating island; On-resistance; Breakdown voltage; Power device
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- VOL 7, NO 4, 601-605
- Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors(IGBTs) have received wide attention because of their
high current conduction and good switching characteristics. To reduce the power loss of IGBT, the onstate
voltage drop should be lowered and the switching time should be shortened. However, there is
trade-off between the breakdown voltage and the on-state voltage drop. The FLoatingIsland(FLI)
structure can lower the on-state voltage drop without reducing breakdown voltage. In this paper, The
FLI IGBT shows an on-state voltage drop that is 22.5% lower than the conventional IGBT, even
though the breakdown voltages of each IGBT are almost identical.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.