Crystal structure and microwave dielectric properties of (1 - x)ZnTa2O6-xTiO2 ceramics
- Crystal structure and microwave dielectric properties of (1 - x)ZnTa2O6-xTiO2 ceramics
- 박정현; 남산; 박재관
- Sintering; Crystal structure; Dielectric response; X-ray diddraction; TEM
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 537, 221-226
- The crystal structural variations of (1 − x)ZnTa2O6–xTiO2 ceramics sintered at 1250 °C for 2 h were investigated, and the relationship of these variations with the microwave dielectric properties were studied. Four types of crystal structures were identified with increasing x: tri-α-PbO2, α-PbO2, trirutile, and rutile. For x ≤ 0.2, single-phase solid solutions of the tri-α-PbO2 structure were formed, whereas for x = 0.4, a mixture of two solid solution phases based on the α-PbO2 and trirutile structures was obtained. For x = 0.5, a single phase of ZnTiTa2O8 with the trirutile structure was obtained, and for x ⩾ 0.6, the ceramics formed single-phase solid solutions of the rutile structure. The microwave dielectric properties of the ceramics were changed by the crystal structural transitions: for x < 0.4, the phases of the tri-α-PbO2 or α-PbO2 structures exhibited ZnTa2O6-like dielectric behavior, while for x ≥ 0.4, the phases of the trirutile or rutile structure exhibited more TiO2(rutile)-like behaviors as x increased. The ZnTiTa2O8 (x = 0.5) ceramics had a dielectric constant (k) of 46.2, a quality factor (Q × f) of 36,700 GHz, and a temperature coefficient of the resonant frequency (τf) of +74 ppm/°C.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.